I’m no whiz in the kitchen–but there are a handful of recipes I do, that earn me a constellation of gold stars with the kids. One of them is my special home-made peanut butter and banana muffin recipe. It’s simple to make, sweet, and best of all it’s made with good, wholesome ingredients!
The kids love em’, I love em’ and without a doubt, you’ll love em’ too.
Adam’s Home-Made Peanut Butter Banana Muffin Recipe
- 2 1/4 cups of plain flour
- Pinch of salt (1/4 tsp)
- 1 1/2 tsp of baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup of brown sugar
- 1/4 cup of crunchy peanut butter (opt for smooth if you prefer but we like some crunch!)
- 1/3 cup of butter (melted)
- 1 cup milk
- 2 eggs (beaten, OUCH!)
- 2 ripe mashed bananas
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees (F)
- Take out 2 bowls, one for dry ingredients and one for liquids
- In your dry bowl, add flour, salt, baking powder and baking soda
- In your liquid bowl, add your butter, peanut butter and milk then mix (with a hand mixer if you have one) till its nice and smooth
- Mix in the sugar and the beaten eggs to your liquid bowl until smooth
- Add the mashed bananas (in the liquid bowl)
- Now it’s time to add your dry ingredients to your liquid bowl then mix-mix-mix until you have a nice velvety texture
- Spoon you muffin mix into a lightly greased muffin pan (or use paper muffin cups if you like)
- Top with a thin slice of banana
- Bake the peanut butter banana muffins for 20 mins.
- To check for doneness, insert a toothpick in the middle of a muffin. If it comes out clean, it’s DONE!
To add even more peanut-buttery goodness with a hint of chocolate.. try this peanut butter and nutella frosting from the foodwithfamily website
- 1 stick (4 ounces or 8 tablespoons) butter, softened to room temperature
- 1/3 cup Nutella
- 2 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- 1 pound (4 cups) powdered sugar
- 2-4 tablespoons whole milk or heavy cream
Hope you enjoy! Let me know if you have any suggestions to make it even better!